KINGSTON KNOWLEDGE TRANSLATION GROUP.
Collecting Personal Information
In carrying on its business, Kingston Knowledge Translation Group (KKTG)collects various types of personal information including personal information about healthcare providers (including physicians, pharmacists and other healthcare workers), patients, participants in clinical studies, and customers. Personal information that we collect may include:
- names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and other contact information;
- the necessary information to make adverse drug reaction reports to Health Canada, which information is generally recorded using an initial for a patient rather than the patient’s name;
- names and contact information of healthcare providers involved in clinical trials and information relating to their professional qualifications and experience as required by regulation;
- information about patients participating in clinical trials and clinical trial data collected during clinical trials, which information is protected using an identifier for a patient other than the patient’s name (e.g., initials, numbers);
- other information, with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Using Personal Information
KKTG generally uses personal information for the following purposes:
- establishing, maintaining, and managing relationships with healthcare providers, customers and other individuals that we deal with in the course of our business;
- conducting and evaluating clinical studies and related research and development, and otherwise developing and improving our products;
- providing advice, assistance and recommendations to healthcare providers with respect to our products to meet healthcare provider needs;
- responding to feedback, questions, comments, requests, inquiries, complaints, or reports of adverse event reports about our products or services;
- generating adverse drug reaction reports or other reports required by regulatory bodies;
- administering contests, promotions, surveys, quizzes or polls;
- maintaining business records for reasonable periods and generally managing and administering our business including defending and bringing legal actions;
- meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and
- otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
- Disclosing Personal Information: KKTG discloses personal information in the following circumstances:
- to regulatory agencies as required by law or in order to meet the regulatory requirements of KKTG’s legitimate business purposes; and
- otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
Our website and the Internet
IP Addresses and Server Logs
The nature of the internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about a user’s traffic patterns linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are unique Internet “addresses” assigned to all web users by their Internet Service Providers (ISP). IP addresses are automatically logged by web servers. While the IP address does not generally identify an individual on its face, it may, with the cooperation of the ISP, be used to locate and identify an individual using the internet.
KKTG’s servers automatically log information about visits to our website in the normal course of establishing and maintaining web connections. Server logs record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, web pages requested, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are reported in aggregate form to KKTG and are used to improve our website and ensure that it provides the optimal web experience for visitors.
KKTG does not link server log information to any other data in a way that would enable us to identify individual visitors. However, we may review server logs for security purposes, for example, to detect intrusions into our network.
As with many other websites, our site makes use of session and permanent “cookie” technology. Cookies are small text files that contain a unique identification number that is automatically deposited on a visitor’s computer. This information helps us determine, in the aggregate, the total number of visitors to the site on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers and operating systems used by our visitors. This information is used to facilitate and enhance your online visits. We do not cross-reference the information automatically collected through “cookies” with any type of personal information that is voluntarily offered on or through this website.
Other websites to which the KKTG website provides links are governed by different privacy policies. KKTG does not assume responsibility for the content or information practices of these other websites, and we strongly encourage all web visitors to review the privacy statements and policies of all externally-linked sites.
If an individual is not capable of consenting to the collection, use or disclosure of his or her own personal information, consent must be obtained from the person who is legally entitled to consent on behalf of the individual.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services. KKTG will inform you of the implications of withdrawing consent. In certain circumstances, you may not be permitted to withdraw consent to certain necessary uses and disclosures of the personal information for which your consent was originally collected.
KKTG collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
KKTG implements reasonable security safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the personal information is held.
The methods of protection include:
- physical measures (e.g., locked filing cabinets and restricted access to desks);
- organizational measures (e.g., security clearances and limiting access on a “need to know” basis); and
- technological measures (e.g., the use of passwords and encryption).
Authorized KKTG employees, agents and mandataries may have access to your personal information as required to fulfill their responsibilities to KKTG.
Access and Correction
Accountability for compliance by KKTG Canada with privacy policies and procedures rests with the Privacy Compliance Officer, even though other individuals within the company may be responsible for the day-to-day collection and processing of personal information. In addition, the Privacy Compliance Officer may, from time to time, designate one or more other individuals within the company to act on his or her behalf, including representatives from all areas of the business.
The contact information for KKTG’s Privacy Compliance Officer is:
Privacy Compliance Officer
442 Weston Crescent
Canada K7M 9E7